As an SEO Consultant you see how difficult it can be for a PM trying to get a handle on their starting point for an SEO project, the following list is a should help and if anyone has any additional suggestions, please leave them in the comments.
- Agree structure of site with stakeholders (ccTLD or Directory structure – ll-cc).
- Removal of parameters (where possible, ensure not significant functionality is parameter driven)
- If Source is US, is the US content optimised, do we want to create a seed keyword list using English as a source.
- Create localised keyword lists by page (localised keyword research)
- Content transcreated using seed keywords (for intent), original text and localised keywords
- Titles, descriptions optimised per market / language
- Image alt Text localised
- Upload content and publish globally