I was thinking about writing an “Introduction to SEO” article but it is almost pointless. To be honest, when I am teaching internal staff SEO, I always get them to start with Moz. I love their Beginners Guide to SEO, an easy read and a really great overview of Local SEO.
Moz Beginner’s Guide to SEO
I usually follow this up with a Face to Face workshop where we work through each of the Chapters, looking at examples.
The area I specialise in – “International SEO” also has some good articles, for starting into this area, one I used extensively is
Gryffin Guide to Multi-national SEO
It is such a good read and for a single article it contains an enormous amount of good information. Continue reading “A Selected Reading List for SEO”
As an SEO Consultant you see how difficult it can be for a PM trying to get a handle on their starting point for an SEO project, the following list is a should help and if anyone has any additional suggestions, please leave them in the comments.
- Agree structure of site with stakeholders (ccTLD or Directory structure – ll-cc).
- Removal of parameters (where possible, ensure not significant functionality is parameter driven)
- If Source is US, is the US content optimised, do we want to create a seed keyword list using English as a source.
- Create localised keyword lists by page (localised keyword research)
- Content transcreated using seed keywords (for intent), original text and localised keywords
- Titles, descriptions optimised per market / language
- Image alt Text localised
- Upload content and publish globally
Continue reading “International SEO Check-list for PMs”
While I like most aspects of my current job, and indeed previous jobs, the one aspect of the work I do that I really love is training. It has been a feature of my working life since I joined the workforce as a 16 year old lifeguard and swimming instructor.
From a technical perspective I used to run courses in OpenRoad in my first technical job, I ran technical workshops in Oracle and Business Objects basics in EDS.
In my previous SEO incarnation I ran training in such things as LinkedIn, How to Blog Effectively, Social Media for SMEs, I have also run courses in SEO and Web Development for Beginners using Joomla. I also did specific training and workshops for the DSBA and other clients. Continue reading “A Passion for Training”